A Natural Remedy
Balancing male and female hormones using bio-identical hormones can be life changing for many suffering from these symptoms. In addition to utilizing subcutaneous testosterone and estrogen bio identical pellets, Sunstone also offers oral and topical methods to help both men and women balance their hormone levels and return to a more even state of mind with improved overall wellbeing. Hormone replacement therapy does not just involve estrogen and testosterone but balancing all-important hormones, so there is optimal wellness with aging.
To learn more about whether a Hormone Treatment is right for you call (719) 418-3569.
Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms:
For men, there are often similar issues such as anxiety, problems sleeping, irritability, and a decrease in muscle strength or endurance, as well as changes in sexual performance or desire.
Menopause most commonly affects women ages 35 to 55. Hormone balancing can relieve symptoms associated with menopause along with providing heart health, increase bone production, growth, and repair, and can aid in the prevention of memory loss.
Additional Menopausal Symptoms and Hormonal Imbalances May Include:
- Hot flashes/Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness/Vaginal itching
- Painful intercourse
- Loss of sexual interest
- Sore breasts
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Depression/Mood swings
- Hair loss
- Varicose veins
- Skin feeling crawly
- Migraine headaches
- Memory lapses
- Weight gain
- Urinary tract infections
- Frequent urination
- Urinary leakage
- Lower back pain
- Aching joints
Types of Hormone Replacement Therapy
There are three hormone treatment options, oral, topical, or pellet forms. Treatments are also called bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). Although all three variations are effective, the pellet treatments are most commonly used based on the advantages listen above.
The Hormone Treatment Process:
1. The first step is to come in for a consultation and lab work to determine your candidacy. During your initial consultation, the nurse practitioner will review your symptoms, medications, and health history, along with education on hormone function and the importance of hormone optimization. Since each patient has unique symptoms, your hormone optimization will be specifically customized to your needs. Lab work can be conducted in the office on the day of consultation.
2. A second appointment is made to review lab work and discuss a plan of care. If you are a good candidate for pelleting, this can occur during this appointment.
3. The placement of the pellets is in your upper gluteal area subcutaneously. This area is numbed prior to insertion. The incision is a small slit about a quarter of an inch in size. After the insertion, you will be able to shower but will want to avoid heavy workouts using the glute muscle, baths, hot tubs, and swimming pools for at least 3-4 days.
4. You may start to notice an improvement in your symptoms after a week.
5. Whichever method of hormone replacement is used in your care plan you will return in 4-6 weeks to have another lab draw to ensure your hormones are optimized and symptoms have improved. Depending on results and symptom assessment, changes in therapy can be made.
6. Continual monitoring of symptoms and frequent lab work allows the provider to customize your hormone balancing appropriately.
7. Typically, women require pelleting every 3-4 months and men every 5-6 months.
Benefits of Using Bio-Identical Pellets:
Pellets release hormones over time and can keep hormone levels consistent with optimization.
Simple & Convenient:
This method is easy and convenient for many patients who have a busy lifestyle–unlike other hormone replacement methods, you don’t have to remember to take your hormone daily.
Fewer Mood Spikes:
You should experience fewer “up-and-down” shifts in your symptoms because of the consistent release of hormones into your body.
Bio-identical hormones mimic the chemical structure of hormones made in your body, so you should experience fewer side effects, and symptoms of hormone imbalance should be less severe.
Multiple Treatment Options:
If for some reason, you are not a candidate for the pellets, we also offer other treatment options and will monitor all treatments with lab work/blood draws to ensure that we are able to optimize your levels and decrease symptoms associated with lower hormone levels.
Hormone Treatments in Colorado Springs
There are no synthetic hormones in the products that we use at Sunstone Regenerative Medicine. BioTE ® pellets are derived and custom compounded from plants so they can be compounded specifically to meet your needs and can mimic the hormones found naturally in your body.
Customizing every treatment to each patient’s unique circumstances helps us achieve success in hormone balancing, so we will closely monitor your hormone levels throughout the process. Additionally, we will recommend medical-grade nutraceuticals to augment your pellet therapy and help further improve your results. (ADDITIONAL COST)
Call today (719) 418-3569 and we will get you connected with one of our providers.