Areas of Interest & Background
Dr. Sung is a fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in cervical and lumbar surgery, microsurgery, and minimally invasive surgery. He also performs complex spine reconstruction via minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Sung also offers spine surgery with local or spinal anesthesia as an alternative to general anesthesia. These options allow many patients to have complex surgeries in an outpatient setting. Dr. Sung’s expertise with minimally invasive techniques, including regenerative medicine therapies, allows for quicker recovery and faster return to normal function. Dr. Sung utilizes these cutting-edge treatments both during surgery and as standalone therapies, which allows for his patients to enjoy Colorado and its many activities to the fullest.
Dr. Sung has been in practice in Colorado Springs since 2000, joining The Spine Center at Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group in 2007. Dr. Sung and his wife Kelly have three children who are very active in sports. Dr. Sung enjoys skiing and golf.
- Cervical & Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Adult Scoliosis / Degenerative Spine
- Spine Oncology
- Spine Trauma
- Spine Surgery with Local or Spinal Anesthesia
Education & Training
- Orthopaedic Spine Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- BA in Biology, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Philosophy of Care
“I make it a priority to provide all my patients with comprehensive and individualized treatment so they can return to the activities they love.”