Areas of Interest & Background
Michael Huang MD in Colorado Springs specializes in treating orthopedic sports medicine injuries. His treatments involve both surgical and non-surgical options. If surgery is deemed necessary, he focuses on minimally invasive techniques. In addition, he has significant interest in biologics and regenerative medicine and been providing these services to patients for over 10 years.
About Michael Huang MD
Dr. Huang was raised in the suburbs of Denver. He returned to Colorado for his fellowship training at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail to focus on the latest arthroscopic and open techniques to treat patients with hip, knee, and shoulder injuries. He has lived, worked and played in Vail, Grand Junction, and now, Colorado Springs. Dr. Huang is happy to be back home on the front range with his wife and two children He has an amazing family and enjoys spending time skiing, biking, arguing and snuggling with them. He also enjoys playing the piano, saxophone and golf.
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopedics & Fracture Care
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Joint Preservation Surgery
Education & Training
- Sports Medicine, Steadman-Hawkins Clinic, Vail, CO
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- BA in Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (Suma cum laude)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Colorado Orthopaedic Society, Board Member
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Philosophy of Care
“I like to craft orthopedic treatment plans for my patients on an individual basis. My practice philosophy is to empower patients with as much valid medial evidence available pertaining to their injury and to share the decision making with them. My goal is to help my patients return to their life.”
~ Michael Huang MD