Areas of Interest & Background
Dr. Bee’s interests include the full range of spinal disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Scoliosis and the treatment of spine shrinkage and fractures from osteoporosis are a couple examples.
Dr. Bee’s patient centric approach to care is the perfect fit for regenerative medicine. He has long believed that the best care incorporates both surgical and non-surgical methodologies. As the science and data continues to grow in this arena, Dr. Bee will continue to work with his patients to find the best strategy for each person’s individual recovery.
Born in Lansing, Michigan, Dr. Bee is a fly fishing enthusiast and stays active by mountain biking, running, and snowboarding. He is married to Sheila Bee, MD.
- Cervical & Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Spine Trauma
Education & Training
- Spine, Panorama Orthopaedic Clinic, Golden, CO
- General Surgery, St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery, St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Medical School University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Undergraduate BS in Kinesiology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Western Orthopedic Association
Philosophy of Care
“Every Patient is different, and no two issues are the same. I always start my patients with the most conservative, non-operative approaches because most spine problems can be treated without surgery. If those don’t work, we come up with a surgery option together that is right for them.”